As of today, April 27th, there are 47 days until E3 2016 starts on June 14.
What is E3?
If you don’t know what E3 is, E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) is an annual gaming conference where many major gaming companies show off what their plans are for the next year or so.
Who Will Be There?
The cool kids, as usual. ATLUS, BANDAI NAMCO, Bethesda, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Konami, Microsoft, Nintendo, Oculus, Playstation, SEGA, Square Enix, and Ubisoft are all listed as “participating”.
Where is It? Can I Attend?
E3 2016 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center. Anyone of age 17 or older can attend as long as they have registered as an attendee on their website. I would also highly recommend reading their Attendee FAQ.
What Happened at E3 2015?
Here’s a summary of E3 2015:
- Bethesda revealed Dishonored 2 and showed footage of Fallout 4 the day before it actually started
- Microsoft announced Xbox One backwards compatability and Dark Souls III, and showed footage of Halo 5 and The Division
- Ubisoft showed footage of Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
- Sony announced Hitman and a remake of Final Fantasy VII
- Nintendo held the Nintendo World Championship before E3 started (the last place Cosmo Wright was seen) and the Nintendo Digital Event which revealed some games.
- The PC Gaming Show was hosted by Sean Plott and literally nothing worth note happened
What Will Be Shown at E3 2016?
We don’t know. All we can do is guess. This is what some think will be presented:
Info on “NX” console, info on Zelda Wii U
- UPDATE: They confirmed they won’t do anything regarding the
- ATLUS: Info on Persona 5
- Bethesda: Info on Dishonored 2, possibly more Elder Scrolls games
- Microsoft: Games
- Playstation: Info on the new PS4 system
- Square Enix: Info on FFVII Remake
Some information in this article was retrieved from www.e3expo.com.